Genesis is among the most controversial books of the Bible – facing increasing attacks on its credibility and its meaning within the modern Church as fashionable theories of intelligent design and progressive creationism gain support. Compromising the literal interpretation of Scripture to reconcile faith instead with faulty scientific reasoning on the history of the earth, many within the church are abandoning the very foundational truths of Christianity. Join Ron Bigalke Jr. and influential creationist leaders in discussing the myths and realities of Genesis. In The Genesis Factor you will:
- Unearth the historical roots of creationism in the church – from the apostle Paul and John, to the Venerable Bede, Martin Luther, John Calvin, Francis Bacon, Galileo, James Ussher, Issac Newton, and others.
- Learn of the 19th century controversy between leading geologists and the “scriptural geologists” in uncovering the foundations of the oft-contentious relationship of science to Christianity and the Scriptures.
- Read the Scriptural interpretations that answer the questions regarding the length of a Creation week day.
- Study point by point the recognized standards of writing history which Genesis 1-11 meet as literal history.
This powerful and needed defense of Genesis includes contributors Henry M. Morris, Christopher Cone, Terry Mortenson, Eugene Merrill, Ron J. Bigalke Jr., Tas Walker, Jonathon Henry, Larry Vardiman, John Whitcomb, and Donald DeYoung. From fossil evidence, geologic evidence, and historic evidence, and more, The Genesis Factor reinforces the validity of the scriptural account of Creation, the Great Flood, and the Tower of Babel.
- Paperback: 260 pages
- Publisher: Master Books (February 29, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0890514801
- ISBN-13: 978-0890514801
- Product Dimensions: 5.6 x 0.7 x 8.5 inches